Observations & Opinions

MOST RECENT POSTS

Sunday, May 6, 2012

UP, UP AND OVER!

MONTGOMERY H.S. GIRLS POLE VAULTING

Last week, I shot some pole vault competition and I was astounded by the performances of the Montgomery Team.   From the initial stance of the vaulter, the concentration, and the technique that does vary from athlete to athlete, this sport has captured me to shoot more events in the future.

There are several phases to complete the vault which include, the approach, the plant and take-off, the swing up (methods do vary here), the extension, the turn and finally, the fly-away.

Execution must be precise in all stages, and as a novice AND knowing little about pole vaulting, I did find myself concentrating on the action of clearing the bar.  (I'll know better next time to record the entire technique) 






Additional action shots of the Montgomery Girls Pole Vaulting Team can be found on my website.  The link to the gallery is here:  http://www.rjgleason.net/MONTGOMERYHS2011-2012/MHS-TRACK-2012/MHS-GIRLS-POLE-VAULT-5-1-12/22753373_mwjKCz#!i=1824981817&k=G57ZgTN

1 comment:

  1. Excellent action pictures. Explaining what you are shooting and giving some detail about pole vaulting makes the subject even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete